2011-11-28






I bought my Touch Wi-Fi at a brick-and-mortar store. I also own a Kindle 3 and a Kindle DXG.
I'm very happy with the Touch, and it'll replace the K3 for me. The screen is identical in quality to my K3 and DXG, except that I can touch it to navigate, instead of fiddling with the 5-way controller.
Navigation is elegant on the Touch - I find the screen to be very responsive, and fingerprints don't show on the screen (not on mine, anyway.)
Kindle 3 and a Kindle DXG has made a big deal of talking about the sections of the screen you can tap to turn pages - little section on the left to go back, the rest for going forward. What I found, though, is that I can swipe anywhere on the screen to turn pages - the sections of the screen only matter if you insist on tapping rather than swiping. I'm a lefty, and had been concerned about using the device one-handed, but this discovery eliminated that concern.
The only drawback for me is that none of the apps I use work on the Touch. That may change over time, and until then, I still have the DX for those.
The web browser is far easier to use on the Touch than on the other Kindles, and that helps to compensate for the lack of apps.

I thought this kindle would be great, but instead, i got lag lag and more lag. whenever i turn a page, the kindle takes about 10 or 11 seconds to load the next page, after looking at various video reviews, i noticed others were having the exact same problem, and dont even get me started on trying to connect to wifi on this thing. a definite no buy.
I received my Kindle Touch 3G + Wi-Fi this weekend, and I love it. Being a first time Kindle user, I find it very easy to use, and the Kindle User Guide helped tremendously. It is also a perfect fit in the M-edge Executive Jacket leather cover that I also purchased along with the booklight. I find the KT very easy to hold, and the pages turn fast by tapping the page or sliding your finger across the page. So far I have downloaded 20 books including the MacArthur Study Bible, and the download time was very fast. I love the ability to change the font size, because now I can read a book without wearing my glasses. I was able to use my KT right out of the box, and later decided to charge it (it took less than 2 hours for it to be fully charged). The text to speech feature is also pretty cool, and has the option of a male or female voice. Thanks to Amazon for the fast shipping and careful packing, and for all of the online features and information available for Kindle users! I look forward to many days and nights of reading enjoyment.

I love my Kindle touch. Haven't even had it a week and I am in love. It is the best. Coming from being a first edition owner to the touch is such a pleasure. Highly recommend.
I had never used a kindle before. This is my first ebook and a kindle.
Very easy to use, battery goes long, and comfortable for eyes.
First, the display reaction is little bit slow. After touching the display to change the pages of a book, the display blinks for a while. I don't know about other kindle, but that bothers me.
Second, kindle store is not so good to find what you want. While iBook have good advantages for searching books, this store is very simple to use the store but it doesn't mean it's useful. Kindle store doesn't have methods which can find with detail information. This is only in Kindle. If you use your computer to buy a book, it is quiet good.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment