2011-12-20

Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Standard Zoom Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras

Compact, lightweight and a wide magnification range - this standard zoom lens features a wide focal length range from normal to telephoto equivalent to 29-320mm in the 35mm format. It features an Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 4-stops of effective correction even at full zoom. Since Canon's optical image stabilization system is in the lens, not in the camera, you can see the stabilized, steadier images through the viewfinder. And the circular aperture can give beautiful background blur effects. This new wide zoom ratio EF-S lens delivers excellent high-speed performance at an affordable price.






I purchased this lens for my real estate business because I needed a lens that would shoot wide angle interior photo's as well as exterior and aerial photo's of properties. The 18mm more than exceeded my needs as it delivers realistic dimension to rooms and the 200mm gets me in close on aerial shots from 5,000 to 8,000 feet elevation! I love it for my hobby shots as I do considerable wildlife shots as well! Lens is tight and with f/3.5 capability can shoot in near dark conditions! Great lens!

An excellent lens. I'm not that picky about what's happening at the 18mm and the 200mm ends of the lens. I've been looking for the problem discussed in other excellent reviews of this lens, but I don't see it. I'm sure that's important for the professional photographer. But for the hobbyists among us, you can't do much better than this. I haven't used my 18-55mm since I bought this lens. I highly recommend this lens and would buy it again if I needed to.

This lens is the ultimate. I used to have to switch often between my 18-55mm and my 75-300mm lenses, but now with this I have most of both of those ranges. This lens produces such amazing quality. It did cost more than my Canon XSI but it sure improved it too. The image stabilizer is also the best I've seen on a lens. If you have the money, I definitely recommend this lens!



No comments:

Post a Comment