2011-12-08






First, the kickstand works perfectly and is rock solid, but you must press it FIRMLY into place. The first slight "click" you feel does not actually connect the stand. You must press the stand against the back very firmly to lock it into it's connector on the back of the unit. It may feel like you have to press the stand harder than you think you should, but when you do, the stand locks FIRMLY into place. If you fail to press it all the way into place, the stand will give way with the slightest touch of the unit. I emphasize this, because I was trying to show this off to my sister, but the stand kept giving way which was very upsetting to me. My sister suggested I take a closer look and press it more firmly, and when I did, that final "snap" was such a wonderful sound! This thing has fantastic sound that will fill up a large room. If you even THINK you want, get it. Not cheap, but well worth it.

They don't really advertise this, but this machine works with any device with a 3.5 mm output. This includes all versions of the iPod and most computers/laptops. It also can connect to your TV through the headphone jack. If you don't have room or the money for a 5.1 surround speaker setup, this single unit will do the job just fine. A 3.5 mm cable is included in the box, so you can connect it immediately to almost any device without any additional equipment.

The sound quality is very good, some of the best I've ever heard out of a speaker. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of these as a gift, it is really great. I cannot comment on durability because I have only owned this for a short period of time - but it is well-made and I expect it to last many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment