2011-12-08



The best value in high-definition streaming to your TV with more than 300 channels of movies, TV shows, live sports, and more. Enjoy Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle, Pandora, and much more. Includes built-in wireless, and works with virtually any TV.




The Roku is so small and little, it's cute! You pick it up and wonder if you need to add things to make it work, but after plugging in two cords it walks through a very easy set up and is ready to go. Not only is the device super compact, the interface is fantastic. There is no learning involved, it works the way you expect it to and in no time you have everything linked to your accounts and are watching movies. The only part I stopped to think about was, where the off switch was. I was then informed that there is not one because it takes less energy than a nightlight- incredible, especially considering how much this little thing does! I've only had the Roku for a few days, but I already love it and highly recommend it to friends and family.

I wanted an affordable device for streaming Netflix on my TV. I thought this would be something I'd only use for Netflix because everything else I clicked on would cost extra, but that was not the case.I was pleasantly surprised at how much free content is available. I love the simplicity and compact size of this device. I'm not the most tech-savvy person, so I was relieved that it's user-friendly. My only complaint is that you are required to enter your credit card or PayPal info in order to even set up a Roku account.

However, I felt a lot more comfortable when I was able to set up a PIN that must be entered before any extra content can be downloaded. I have a young daughter, and I could see her innocently clicking on something and not understanding that it would cost money. I would highly recommend this product. This would make a great Christmas gift. For what you would pay to buy someone a couple movies or a video game,they can have tons of different content to choose from, even if they don't subscribe to any "extras."

No comments:

Post a Comment