2011-12-08




 

I ordered this printer as a replacement for my Canon Pixma MP600. It was a workhorse that finally met a timely demise. Prior to ordering, I did my homework and compared several Canon Pixma models before finally settling on the MX882 as the best option for my home office.

The MX882 arrived within days after ordering. The first thing I noticed out of the box is that it was a bit bigger and heavier than my MP600. The footprint was approximately the same, however. Setup was a breeze. The wireless connection to all four Win 7/Vista computers in my home was effortless.

Document printing is crisp and clean. Wireless scanning works like a charm. I haven't yet tried the fax or photo printing capabilities, but expect them to be on par with the other functions.

The only two minuses would be that the MX882 is quite a bit noisier than my MP600, and the ink tanks are about half the size than the ones my MP600 used, but cost the same. I also would have preferred not to have the piano black finish, as it shows every fingerprint and is a dust magnet so requires more upkeep.

I'The Pixma MX882 is easily one of the best printers I have ever owned. I was extremely simple to setup and share on my network. Within minutes of powering it on I had all the PC's and Mac in our home connected, printing, and best of all, scanning. The print quality is excellent and the variety of features is great. I am very happy with this purchase and highly recommend this printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment